Sunday, May 5, 2013

HGUC Gundam Unicorn WIP (w/ bonus Armed Armor DE)

Hello!
Spring/Summer semester has started for me now, I'm going to try to post every Sunday the work I finish throughout the week. 
For this project I'm working on, I used metallic paint for the Psychoframe. I decided to sacrifice the clear see-through look for a shiny metallic look instead. It looks good and because I don't know how to paint see through parts.. 
I think it turned out quite well even though my painting skills are horrible. 
All I have left to do is to put on the water slide decals I bought with it and I'll be done. I'll try out using a gloss topcoat to see what it looks like. 

The reason I bought this kit was because I wanted to try out changing the color of the Psychoframe. 
I liked the turn out of the color so I painted my Armed Armor DE as well. 
Armed Armor DE! Ready for when I finish my MG Unicorn Gundam


Parts of the shield's Psychoframe were painted weird but I think it turned out pretty well!
All the dark blue parts I painted black, basically what I did with my Nu Gundam to see how it looks on the Unicorn. I think I'm going to find dark blue paint now.
Why are HG models so flimsy.. I broke something already..
Shoulders looking pretty awesome!
I painted the V-fin twice. It was all yellow before then I painted it all white and then made it look  like the V-fin from the anime, where only the inside is yellow.
I totally gave up on taking pictures at this point. The knee frame was probably the worst painted parts. I don't like how they turned out. 
Looking pretty good all put together. Just gotta add the decals.
So shiny! 





No comments:

Post a Comment